Aircraft Livery And PaintingCreating symphonies from colors
Almost 15 years ago, Air Works was the first to recognize aircraft livery and painting as a valuable offering that requires specialized skills and precision. The Company subsequently acquired Air Livery, UK and Aero Technique Espace (ATE), France to become Europe's largest independent aircraft painting or refinishing company and a first line service provider to leading OEMs such as Airbus, painting as many as 400 aircraft a year and honing a skill that it has since nurtured in India.
Today, Air Works operates a dedicated 2500 sqm EASA certified Narrow body hangar at its maintenance facility in Hosur, where it leverages its extensive domain experience to deliver world-class painting quality in conformance with the highest painting standards available, at an affordable cost. The state-of-the-art hangar can accommodate 1 Narrow body or Turbo prop aircraft such as Airbus A320 family, Boeing B737NG family, ATR-42/72, or 2 Business jets at a time, or as many as 4 rotary wing aircraft simultaneously. Owing to its geographic location and climatic condition, Hosur is well suited for undertaking aircraft painting and does not require artificial systems to manage temperature and humidity parameters.
Our Painting and livery services are used by a variety of customers includes airlines and cargo operators, asset owners, Corporate and Business Jet owners and operators, as well as the Defense services. Air Works’ uses the world’s best materials sourced from painting majors such as Mankiewicz, AkzoNobel, PPG Aerospace and Sherwin-Williams to deliver outstanding finishes that exceed customer expectation.
The painting hangar is fitted with a specially designed extraction system that promotes airflow and significantly reduces environmental contamination. The collected air is treated to remove paint particles and volatile gases via high quality, carbon impregnated filters. Additionally, effluents from the painting process are carefully disposed as per prescribed environmental laws to avoid any form of air and ground contamination.
Air Works has the right people as well as the expertise to provide innovative and flexible livery solutions that fulfil customer requirements. In fact, our teams, with their keen eye for detail are capable of bringing any visual idea or concept to life, transforming assets quite literally, into works of art. We use the latest advanced application techniques together with environmental-friendly livery materials to achieve perfection. Our processes are so exhaustive that even during the painting process, our technical teams carefully examine all parts for likely damages, corrosion as well as cracks in order to give you a first-class output!
As part of continuous improvement, we are happy to customize our processes not just to create new and innovative painting methodologies, but to also help meet aggressive turnaround times (TATs) in line with our customers’ business needs.
- Graphic concept and design preview using digital solutions (for bespoke projects)
- Chemical and mechanical stripping or sanding
- Undertaking complex livery and paint work including airbrushed/ hand-painted images
- Dust free painting booth for specialized parts and components
- Surface inspection, pre-treatment and primer application
- Exterior livery painting using Topcoat / Base coat / Clear coat system
- Interiors and Cabin refurbishment painting
- Decal printing, painting and application
- Sealant application
- Livery neutralization for redelivery projects
- Flight control painting
- Technical aircraft markings
Livery And Painting Location
- Demonstrated experience and expertise
- Output in line with global best practices
- Customized, innovative painting methodologies
- Committed Turnaround Times (TAT)
- Cost effective solutions
- One stop painting and livery hub including support for graphics, decals, and markings